Platform Software Engineer (PSE)
What does the job platform software engineer entail?
Depending on your knowledge and experience? A lot!
You will participate in the development of our software application (SaaS), which performs scans in the field of security and privacy. You will be working on features such as a new rights and permissions system, setting up integrations with external systems and new API functionalities or upgrading our existing systems to the latest version of PHP.
Besides this, as a back-end developer at Nixon, you will be responsible for setting up new (micro) services, expanding existing services and connecting them all together via various APIs.
In addition to the privacy and security scanners we developed ourselves, we also create systems for sending (email) notifications, cronjobs, imports and integrations with external systems. Of course, you will also help with this. And finally, you get the opportunity to think along with the team and design new features and functionalities.
Nixon already has many different services running. This makes us flexible in the choices we make in the tech stack. For example, are you experienced in GO, and do you think you can make the best scanner with this stack? Let’s try it out!
Or do you have experience with front-end work? Great, the customer-facing part of the web application is built in React in combination with Material UI. We offer the space and opportunity to broaden your knowledge and realize your ideas.
What do we expect from you?
Currently, the Nixon Digital Services team consists of two front-end Developers, a back-end developer, a tester, a designer, and the Product Owner. The front-end developers and testers are working abroad. The team is accessible and there is a warm atmosphere.
Therefore, we expect you (as our new platform software engineer) to work independently, but that you also ask questions when needed. As a person you are solution-oriented, and you think in possibilities. You have a creative mindset and delivering quality is paramount. You can switch quickly, and you are used to working in sprints. We also expect that you have an affinity with hosting, domain, and DNS management.
What do you bring with you?
- You have at least a completed HBO education or gained sufficient relevant work experience.
- Senior; several years of work experience as a PHP Developer (PHP7+).
- Experience with CI/CD, Automation and Cloud.
- Experience with TypeScript, NodeJS and React is a plus.
- You feel comfortable communicating with your colleagues in English.
Why work for us as a platform software engineer?
- An innovative and creative work environment
- Never stuck in traffic jams or overcrowded trains
- Room for self-development
- Good labour conditions
- Fresh lunch and an endless amount of fruit
- Cosy drinks and other team events (even online)
- Internet compensation (yes, really!)
- 25 holidays
- You are part of a fast-growing start-up
- By assisting the development of the Nixon Platform, you will be part of the team that will make the online world safer
Interested? What to do next?
Please contact Sjoerd Heddema (email@example.com) to find out whether you will be the one that we are looking for. In your email, please include your CV and motivation letter. We are looking forward to hearing from you!