What does the job entail?
As the Application Tester at Nixon Digital Services, you will work in a compact scrum team. You are responsible for testing the software that is being built. We expect you to test both the current application and to actively participate in the scrum team. In two-week sprints, we work on new features, which of course have to be tested before they go to production. The Lead Developer is also the scrum master in our team.
You will write test scripts and you will also mainly perform functional tests. Of course, you write bug reports and report them back to your fellow developers. You actively participate in optimizing the (scrum) process and when filling the Back-Log, for example. You review the requirements of the application and intervene where necessary.
Who are we looking for?
As a person you are solution-oriented and you think in possibilities. You have strong analytical skills and like to work accurately. We expect an independent work attitude, in which you can plan your work well yourself. We work in a start-up environment. With a flexible mindset, where you help where necessary, you excel at Nixon.
We have great confidence in our team. You will therefore regularly spar directly with the customer. We, therefore, expect you to be very strong in communication, both towards colleagues and the external customer. Nixon is a complex application. You, therefore, have an affinity with privacy, security, cookies, and SSL certificates.
What do you bring with you?
- At least one year of work experience as a Software Tester;
- Knowledge and experience with the scrum methodology;
- The ability to quickly learn test tools, security scanners, and browser plug-ins;
- Experience working in a start-up is a plus;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English languages.
Why work for us?
- An innovative and creative work environment
- Never stuck in traffic jams or overcrowded trains
- Room for self-development
- Good labour conditions
- Fresh lunch and an endless amount of fruit
- Cosy drinks and other team events (even online)
- Internet compensation (yes, really!)
- 25 holidays
- You are part of a fast-growing start-up
- By assisting the development of the Nixon Platform, you will be part of the team that will make the online world safer
Interested? What to do next?
Please contact Sjoerd Heddema (email@example.com) to find out whether you will be the one that we are looking for. In your email, please include your CV and motivation letter. We are looking forward to hearing from you!